2. About cookies
A ‘cookie’ is defined by the Swedish Post and Telecom Authority as “a small text file that the website you are visiting requests to save on your computer”.
Cookies can be either ‘persistent cookies’ or ‘session cookies’:
- A ‘persistent cookie’ is stored by the web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date).
- A ‘session cookie’ will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies can further be divided into the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies: Cookies that are essential to enable visitors to navigate the website and use its features.
- Performance cookies: Cookies that collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor.
- Functionality cookies: Record information about choices made by visitors and provide enhanced personal features.
- Third party cookies: Cookies set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user.
3. Cookies set by this website
The following cookies are set by this website:
|__utma||worldwaterweek.org||Used to distinguish users and sessions.||First Party Persistent||2 years from set/update|
|__utmb||worldwaterweek.org||Used to determine new sessions/visits.||First Party Session||30 minutes from set/update|
|__utmc||worldwaterweek.org||Used to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.||First Party Session||0|
|__utmt||worldwaterweek.org||Used to throttle request rate.||First Party Persistent||10 minutes from set/update|
|__utmz||worldwaterweek.org||Stores the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached your site.||First Party Persistent||6 months from set/update|
4. Cookies set by third parties
SIWI uses third party services such as Google Analytics which set cookies to collect information about website users and usage patterns. You can find information about Google Analytics as well as how you can opt out of tracking by using the following link:
|lang||cdn.syndication.twimg.com||Used to store Twitter language preferences||Third party Session||0|
5. Cookies set by social media sites
SIWIs websites and applications may have links embedded to social networks such as facebook.com, linkedin.com, plus.google.com and twitter.com. SIWI does not control cookies generated by such websites. If you would like more information about privacy and the cookies used by these services, please visit their websites.
6. Blocking, restricting and deleting cookies
If you do not wish to accept cookies, your web browser can be set to deny the storage of cookies or to inform you each time a website requests permission to store a cookie. Previously stored cookies can also be deleted via the web browser. Please visit the website of your web browser-provider for more information.
7. Processing of personal data
Read more about our processing of personal data on the Website here: http://www.worldwaterweek.org/processing-of-personal-data/
8. Contact us
Stockholm International Water Institute
Box 101 87
100 55 Stockholm