Young Professionals' Day
The 2014 World Water Week in Stockholm features an entire day of activities aimed at those at the start of their careers. During the Young Professionals' Day, we will open the doors to young enthusiasts between 16 and 35 years old who will get free access to the Young Professionals activities.
During the Young Professionals' Day, Wednesday September 3, the World Water Week will open its doors to young professionals who will get free access to the Young Professionals activities.
The events that are part of the Young Professionals' Day are:
- Morning Seminar: Young Professionals Shaping the Post-2015 Agenda - The coming generation of practitioners and decision makers will be in charge of achieving the post-2015 development goals. As future leaders, they need to be empowered and mobilized to take the lead. Based on failures in implementing the MDGs, we share ideas for young professionals to speak up and act.
- Afternoon Seminar: Form Ideas to Success: The Way of the Entrepreneurs - The aim of the seminar is to inspire young people to get engaged in the world around them, be it water issues, human rights, environmental problems, political or grass root movements or something else. Hear from entrepreneurs how you go from an idea to implementation and what it takes to succeed in doing so.
- Guided Tours of the Exhibition - Young professionals will have the opportunity to join a guided tour in the exhibition to get to know better the different organisations that are present at the World Water Week. Booking in advance is required.
- CV Clinic - Have your CV Checked for Success! Throughout the day, young professionals will have the opportunity to get their CV analysed by professionals and received recommendations on how to improve it.
- Stockholm Junior Water Prize Ceremony - Young professionals will be able to attend the Stockholm Junior Water Prize award ceremony which includes prominent speakers, lots of entertainment, and not the least: the presentation of the 2014 award to the winning project. Is will take place 18:30 at Grand Hôtel in the presence of H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden who is the Patron of the Stockholm Junior Water Prize.
Limited amount of tickets. Pre-registration required!
- Ideas' Marketplace - True to its spirit, the World Water Week will host an Ideas' Marketplace at the Exhibition area. The Ideas' Marketplace will be dedicated to ideas and projects seeking funding and/or partnerships. More information can be found here: /ideasmarketplace. Deadline to apply is May 31!
- Young Professionals Mingle, Sunday evening August 31 - To start off the 2014 World Water Week, we will host a mingle for all Young Professionals' Day participants on the first day of the Week. The venue will be announced shortly.
If you, or any of your colleagues, are interested in joining us for the Young Professionals' Day, please register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/youngprofessionalsday - before the August 15, 2014.
If the Young Professionals' Day would be part of a school activity, the teachers that accompany the students would also receive free access to the Young Professionals activities.
Please note that the Young Professionals' Day is free, but a no-show fee of SEK 500 will be applied and a valid ID must be shown when collecting your badge at the registration desk.
If you have questions about the activities taking place during the Young Professionals Day, please contact Ingrid Stangberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.