Online submission for Event Proposals are open now. Submit your proposals!
- For more information about seminars and sumbission of proposals, please contact:
Ms. Ingrid Stangberg
Phone: +46 8 121 360 55
Information for Convenors
Event Proposals: Guidelines and Information
Proposals are welcome from organisations who wish to host an event at the 2014 World Water Week. By hosting an event, you engage a wide range of stakeholders in discussions and debate around a specific issue of your choice. SIWI encourages collaborating with other organisations in order to build partnerships and bringing a diversity of perspectives to the World Water Week.
Submissions should be made before January 19, 2014. Seminars and side events at the World Water Week are sessions where the content, format and programme is developed by the convening organisation(s). Seminars have a duration of three hours. A side event is a one hour session at lunch time or in the late afternoon. In order to ensure a diverse and dynamic programme for the World Water Week in terms of topics, geographic regions, convenors, and formats, SIWI will in several cases propose a merger between similar or complementary event proposals.
Thematic focuses of events
SIWI welcomes all water related event proposals that cover the broad spectrum of the water community, but as the focus of 2014 World Water Week will be on Energy and Water, SIWI is especially interested in proposals that expand on topics raised in the Thematic Scope such as the challenges and opportunities of unconventional energy sources, the rebound effect and the impact on ecosystems, economic incentives for
energy and water, water-energy-food trade-offs, water-energy policy and governance coordination.
Prospective organisations are encouraged to submit an event proposal for review by the World Water Week. The proposal should be text only (no graphics) following format:
- Event Title
- Short description of the event (200 words)
- Event objectives and expected outcomes (200 words)
- Key messages of the event (100 words)
- Event summary for use in promotion material (50 words)
- Target audience (50 words)
SIWI welcomes all water related event proposals and will design the programme based on a thorough review. The following criteria will be guiding the selection:
- Multi-disciplinary discussion: the integration of different areas of expertise aiming at avoiding trade-offs and promoting participation from non-water actors.
- Stakeholder diversity: the promotion of diverse interests and organisational types encouraging constructive debate between stakeholders.
- Development focus: the integration of aspects of poverty reduction, sustainable development, gender equality, integrity and human rights.
- Outputs and impact: the concreteness of key messages for improving the science, policy and practice.
- New thinking, findings or approaches: the focus on current debates and the generation of new ideas and solutions, including learning from failure.
- Programme format: the innovativeness and quality of presentations and the interaction and engagement of the intended audience.