Workshop Abstract Submissions
Guidelines and information
Abstracts presentations for the 2014 World Water Week workshops are welcome from experts and actors of all different disciplines. Submission should be made before January 19.
Author participation in the World Water Week workshops
At least one author of each selected abstract must register and attend the conference. To present in one of the workshops, authors must meet their own expenses (registration fee, travel, accommodation, etc.) to attend World Water Week. All abstracts selected by the Scientific Programme Committee will be included in an Abstract Volume to be available
onsite in Stockholm and published online at the World Water Week's website.
Prospective authors are encouraged to submit an abstract in English for review by the Scientific Programme Committee. The abstract should be text only (no graphics) and follow the format below:
- Five keywords
- Introduction and objectives A short background of the topic
- Methodology approach Description and discussion of the approach of the study
- Analysis, results, conclusions and recommendation clear and understandable statements on which we can assess the value added of the proposed abstract
The author must identify the workshop (from those listed further down) in which the abstract would be presented. Abstracts which do not adhere to the following requirements will not be considered.
The abstracts will be evaluated and accepted on the basis of their relevance as well as their scientific quality. The Scientific Programme Committee will grade the abstracts against the following criteria:
- How the abstract advances knowledge of and/or innovation within the subject
- The scientific quality and originality of the subject treatment
- The practical applications of the paper's content
- The capacity of which the procedures or practices described can be replicated
An abstract can be submitted for an oral presentation or as an electronic poster, which will be displayed on interactive screens in the exhibition hall.
If you have any questions or need guidelines how to submit and abstract, please visit our FAQ section or contact Ms. Maarja Undrits.
2014 World Water Week Workshops
- Entwined Predicaments: Limits Facing Water and Energy
- Water, energy, food and ecosystem security
- Sustainable Hydropower the Search for Common Ground
- Water, energy and urban development the potential for integrated approaches
- Mitigation and adaptation measures for climate change how to converge over energy and water
- Valuation, Economics and Finance
- Integrated water and energy policy and governance
- Access, poverty and the post-2015 development agenda